Friday, April 24, 2009

Im Back!

After being crippled by the Red Rings of Death this weekend I decided that I would use this time to take a break and catch my breath. That lasted for about 24 hours.

I shipped out my system on Monday and started considering my options of games I could play to pass the down time of no 360 capabilities. My options looked very promising:

1. Wii - Mario Galaxy
2. PS - Final Fantasy VII
3. PC - StarCraft (never played before)
4. PC - World of Warcraft

I used to play WoW pretty seriously for a couple of years. I was a hardcore raider in one of the top guilds on my server. WoW took alot out of me that I did not realize until I quit playing last year. In a moment of weakness on Tuesday I reactived my WoW account and logged in for the first time in many months. I played around for a few hours on Tuesday and Wednesday and even earned a few achievements in WoW. However, achievements in WoW are no where near as satisfying as they are on the 360. I quickly became bored and realized that WoW was no longer for me.

My Wife was able to sense my boredom and made one of the best suggestions ever in our 5 years of marriage (ok she has probably made better ones). I guess she got tired of me talking to her and told me to just go buy a new one. I know, I know all of you are thinking to yourself how lucky I am. All I can say is I picked a winner!

I walked into my favorite video game store and a few minutes later walked out in style. I went big and bought a new 360 Elite! So now Ill be rocking with my boys and knocking out those chievos with the Black on Black Elite.

3 comments:

JJBDude said...

Great wife you have there! Glad your back. :)

What are you going to do about the 360 you sent to Microsoft? Trade it in I suppose?

ThrawnOmega said...

I'd probably keep it as a backup in the event of future hardware problems. It's good to have you back man! Gears marathons aren't as fun w/o you =)

MilitaryGamer said...

The system thats in repair will be my backup system.