Sunday, February 22, 2009

AAR GSL Week 1

What is an AAR?
An After Action Review (AAR) is a review of training that allows soldiers, leaders, and units to discover for themselves what happened during the training and why. It is also used to solicit ideas on how the training could have been performed better. AARs are not critiques because they do not determine success or failure; rather, AARs are professional discussions of training events. Leaders and evaluators avoid lecturing participants on what went wrong. They use AARs to tell a story about what was planned, what happened during the training, why it happened, and what could have been done differently to improve performance. ~~Army Field Manual 25-101 Battle Focused Training

Week 1 GSL Starting Score: 24220
Week 1 GSL Ending Score: 30695
Week 1 GSL Points Scored: 6475
Hand of Thrawn Current Rank: 7th

With this being my first Gamer Score League I went into the week not really knowing what to expect. I felt I had strong showing for my first week but consistency and endurance will be the key to success.

Planning: I had my weekly plan laid out well in advance which was a huge benefit. Going forward I will continue to do this and discussing my plan with my Team Captain, ThrawnOmega, and my fellow Teammates, DarkTharen, Bishop x360a, BL4ACK SiLv4, and Derek1337

Execution: I played a total of 9 games, completing 3 of them. NCAA March Maddness 07 was my greatest challenge, as I grew very frustrated with the All-American settings achievements. So much so that this game will probably stay at 960gs on my card for a long time. Areas for improvement would be on the researching of the achievement guides before playing the game. I found myself having to pause my game more frequently then I would have liked to look at guides over at x360a.org.

My Week 2 plan is already set and will use the next few days to refine it and strategize with my Team as we make our move up the ranks.

2 comments:

CRU said...

Get use to the GSL, it gets crazier and crazier.. you havn't seen anything yet! people put up Mad points! :)

Unknown said...

What almost 6 1/2K of gamer score aint crazy enough?